INTRASITE Gel from Smith & Nephew is an amorphous hydrogel which gently re-hydrates necrotic tissue, facilitating autolytic debridement, while being able to loosen and absorb slough and exudate. It can also be used to provide the optimum moist wound management environment during the later stages of wound closure. It is non-adherent and does not harm viable tissue or the skin surrounding the wound. This makes INTRASITE Gel ideal for every stage in the wound management process.
Intrasite Gel is a partially hydrated hydrogel formulation and contains propylene glycol. The APPLIPAK container is available in range of sizes.
INTRASITE Gel's partially hydrated formulation allows the gel to donate moisture to drier environments and absorb in wetter environments, creating a moist wound management environment. It also aids in debridement as it rehydrates necrotic tissue and, by its gentle yet effective action.
INTRASITE Gel provides desloughing action as it absorbs slough and exudate without damaging fragile granulation tissue.
INTRASITE Gel creates a moist wound healing environment as it increases moisture content at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation. By keeping fragile granulation tissue moist and allowing the migration of epithelializing cells, INTRASITE Gel helps to create an optimal moist wound management environment.
It provides effective yet gentle action leaves delicate granulation tissue undisturbed helping to reduce trauma.
INTRASITE Gel is non-adherent so it is easily removed from the wound by irrigation with normal saline; without damaging fragile tissue or causing unnecessary pain for the patient.
Extensive clinical support, suitable for use at all stages of the wound management process.
INTRASITE Gel contains propylene glycol which acts as a humectant (moisturizer) which prevents the gel from drying out and improves handling.
It is easy to use. The unique Applipak system provides simple, directable and controlled application even in awkward wound sites.
It is available in a wide range of sizes to accommodate various wound size - controlling and reducing wastage for cost effective wound management.
INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the treatment of minor conditions such as minor burns, superficial lacerations, cuts and abrasions (partial thickness wounds) and skin tears.
Under the direction of a healthcare professional, INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the management of venous ulcers (leg ulcers), surgical incisions, diabetic foot ulcers, and pressure ulcers (including stage IV).
It creates a moist wound environment, which assists in autolytic debridement of wounds covered with necrotic tissues.
Known sensitivity to INTRASITE Gel or any of its ingredients. INTRASITE Gel should be used with care in the vicinity of the eyes and in deep wounds with narrow openings (e.g. fistulas) where removal of the gel may be difficult. INTRASITE Gel is for external use only and should not be taken internally.
Instructions for Use:
1) Prepare wound site. Remove secondary dressing. Irrigate wound with sterile saline solution to clean wound site.
2) Prepare pack. Remove blue protective cap from nozzle, Swab the snap-off tip and nozzle of the pack with a suitable antiseptic swab. Snap the patterned tip off the nozzle.
3) Remove Nozzle. Snap the patterned tip off the nozzle.
4) Introduce INTRASITE Gel into the wound. Keeping the nozzle tip clear of the wound surface, gently press the bowl of the pack to dispense gel into the wound. Smooth INTRASITE Gel over the surface of the wound to a depth of approximately 5 mm (0.2 in.). Discard any unused gel
5) Dress Wound. Cover with a secondary dressing of choice*
6) Removal of INTRASITE Gel - can be removed from wound by rinsing with sterile saline solution. On necrotic tissue and sloughy wounds, it is recommended that the dressing is changed at least every three days. On clean granulating wounds, the frequency of dressing changes depends on the clinical conditions of the wound and the amount of exudate produced.
* Secondary Dressing options by wound stage:
Wound Stage Dressing
Necrotic OPSITE FLEXIGRID - moisture permeable adhesive film dressing
Sloughy ALLYVEN Hydrocellular Wound Dressing/MELOLINE Low Adherent
Granulating ALLYVEN/ MELOLIN / OPSITE/ FLEXIGRID
Smith & Nephew Part Number 66027308, 66027311, 66027313