Calmoseptine Ointment provides a physical moisture barrier on skin to keep feces, urine and wound drainage from intact and injured skin. It's superior ingredients act as a counter-irritant that temporarily relieves discomfort and rashes, eczema, insect bites, and contact dermatitis such as poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
Calmoseptine ingredients include menthol and mild antiseptic ingredients may help prevent secondary bacterial and fungal infections of the skin. Menthol is also known to increase circulation to an area and aid in healing.
Calmoseptine Ointment is effetice to use for comfort and healing of rashes from urinary or fecal incontinence, diaper rash, feeding tube site leakage, wound drainage, minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns and irradiated skin, moisture in skin folds, hemorrhoids and anal fissures, partial thickness wounds, and fecal, urinary and vaginal fistulas.
Note: Calmoseptine is not for use in deep injury to puncture wounds.
Direction for use for diaper rash and incontinence in adults:
- Gently clean skin with mild cleanser and/or water
- If using water then rinse with clean water
- Pat area dry with clean towel or gauze
- Apply a small amount of Calmoseptine Ointment to cover the area completely
- Repeat after each bowel movement or when skin becomes wet with urine or drainage
Calmoseptine Part Number 00799000103